Surviving a Curriculum Search
IXL Math Curriculum
Links and Items
Living Learning Books - Science
Great Science Adventures
- Discovering the Human Body and Senses
- The World of Tools and Technology
- Discovering Earth's Landforms and Surface Features
- The World of Space
- The World of Insects and Arachnids
- The World of Plants
- The World of Light and Sound
Christian Kids Explore Chemistry/Biology
Beginnings Publishing House
- The Rainbow is a two-year total science curriculum for 12-14 year-old students, with physics and chemistry taught in the first year and biology and applied science taught in the second. The Rainbow gives your student the theory—the thorough grounding in scientific principles—and the application—the fascinating laboratory exercises, memorable field trips and other extracurricular activities.
- The Spectrum is a lab-based chemistry course for senior high school students focusing on practical-problem-solving skills and scientific reasoning. This one-year chemistry course is done three days a week, one of which is a lab day. It is the equivalent of an honors chemistry for college-bound students.
- Bridge Math is a 7-week short course designed to teach students the applications of math that are necessary for successful science problem solving.
Beautiful Feet Books
Catholic Homeschool Companion
Here’s your one-stop resource for information, insight, and inspiration about every aspect of educating your children at home — written by those who understand it best: homeschooling parents themselves!
Would you like to teach science or phonics better? Introduce your child to Latin, piano, or great works of art? Try new classroom approaches that other parents find effective? In these pages, you’ll find helpful essays from more than forty veteran homeschooling parents to help you do all this and more. You’ll also find wise advice and practical tips to make you a better teacher and your homeschool more productive and enjoyable.
Of course, homeschooling involves more than academics. That’s why The Catholic Homeschool Companion includes essays to help you foster your children’s moral and spiritual development, involve time-challenged dads, teach kids with special needs or in special circumstances, and handle other common problems homeschoolers face.
Are you frustrated trying to fulfill state academic standards or diocesan requirements for sacramental preparation? No problem!
Here’s shrewd advice from parents who’ve fought those battles already. There’s also humor to lighten your heart when the daily grind gets you down, and, for those really bad times when you wonder whether homeschooling is even worth it, The Catholic Homeschool Companion brings you heartening testimony from teenagers and young adults who tell how grateful they are that their parents taught them at home.
Information, insight, and inspiration: it’s all right here in The Catholic Homeschool Companion, the must-own resource for new and experienced homeschoolers alike.
Explode The Code
Guiding Your Catholic Preschooler
The Ultimate Book of Homeschooling Ideas: 500+ Fun and Creative Learning Activities for Kids Ages 3-12
As a homeschooling parent, you're always looking for new and creative ways to teach your child the basics. Look no longer! Inside this innovative helper, you'll find kid-tested and parent-approved techniques for learning math, science, writing, history, manners, and more that you can easily adapt to your family's homeschooling needs. And even if you don't homeschool, you'll find this book a great teaching tool outside the classroom. You'll discover fun and educational activities for kids ages 3 to 12, including how to:
·Create maps based on favorite stories, such as Treasure Island or The Wizard of Oz
·Make letters out of French fries as an alphabet learning aid
·Explore architecture by building igloos, castles, and bridges with sugar cubes and icing
·Review spelling words by writing them on the sidewalk with chalk
·And many more!
This comprehensive collection of tried-and-true—and generally inexpensive—ideas provides the best-of-the-best homeschooling activities that can be done anywhere, anytime, and by anyone.
Learning Language Arts Through Literature
Drawn Into the Heart of Reading
Noah Webster's Reading Handbook
Spell to Write & Read
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this site.